The International Saxophone Masterclass has a long tradition in the area of Frankfurt. Founded in 2005 by Dr. Holger von Paucker it was taking place many years in his private residence at the Hessenbrückenmühle. In this time more than 300 students from 20 countries participated in this masterclass.
The goal of this master-class is to help advance the musical capabilities of young artists and to increase the interest of the public, the press and radio for the
classical saxophone. For that purpose two final concerts will be performed.
The specific musical goals for the active participants are:
• Improvement of technical skills
• Improvement of individual interpretation of music
• Improvement of confidence in music and style
• Active chamber music experience incl. quartet and ensemble
• Active concert experience through final concerts in front of public, press and radio.
Furthermore there will be lectures by the teachers about various topics.